Cure Fever at Home
Having a fever is no fun at all! You feel woozy, it hurts to walk and you are all alone at home.
- Drink plenty of liquids. First drink water, and stick with it. If you feel good enough, try some Ginger Ale. This really feels cool and soothing on your throat.
- Take Motrin fever reducer. This really helps! There is a kind for kids and adults. Follow the directions on the package on dosage information.
- Put an ice pack on your forehead. This also cools you down temporarily. Or, soak a washcloth in a bowl of cool water. Then bring it out and place it on your forehead. This will help your body to lower it’s temperature, thus reducing the fever faster.
- Stay away from televisions and other high-contrast screens. They lead to headahces, which is the last thing you need when you have a fever.
- Dress in comfy clothes. Now is no time to be a fashion diva. Drag out your rattiest, most comfortable nightgown or pajamas and robe. Put on some socks.
- Just relax and stay cool by drinking plenty of fluids.
- Get a bowl of ice cream or a Popsicle. This will take your temperature down. Don’t worry about your diet; calories consumed while you are sick don’t count. Your body is burning a ton of calories having a fever! Preferably you have someone else at home who can get this for you. If you have chills, you may want hot chocolate.
- Get someone to massage your head, neck and back. If you can get them to do your arms, legs, hands and fingers it will feel really good, too. If you don’t have someone to rub you then just use an electric massager.
- Drink lots of fluids including water, tea and orange juice,
- Stay away from high-contrast screens, like televisions.
- Stay in bed, and rest. Get alot of sleep.